ISSN 1612-3352

Editors in Chief

Prof. Dr. Claus F. Claussen, Neurootological Research Institute of the Research Society for Smell, Taste, Hearing and Equilibrium Disorders at Bad Kissingen (4-G-F). Bad Kissingen, Germany.
Dr. med. Julia M. Bergmann,
Dr. med. Guillermo O. Bertora,
Otoneuroophthalmological Neurophysiology,
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Production Managers

Dr. med. Julia M. Bergmann,
Dr. med. Guillermo O. Bertora,
Otoneuroophthalmological Neurophysiology,
Buenos Aires, Argentina.


Associated Editors


The editors welcome authors to submit articles for publications in the ASN.

Read the Information for Authors.


Kurhausstraße 12
D-97688 Bad Kissingen
Germany
Telefon +49-971-6 4832
Fax +49- 971- 6 8637
Email asn@neurootology.org

 

A new proposal for rehabilitation of equilibrium disorders of cervical origin: e.s.a.c. technique

Abstract

The authors illustrates a new rehabilitation technique worked out to treat equilibrium disorders. This technique, named ESAC (Elasticizzazione, Scollamento, Allenamento, Calore = Elasticization-Detachment-Training-Heat), is based on the recovery of soft tissue elasticity through repeated active movement, detachment and exogenous heat. In this paper the author reports the results attained in the course of the years 2000-2001 on a sample of 106 patients presenting negative neurological testing, objective signs of cervical involvement, positive stabilometric examination with retroflexed head. The results obtained are quite significant: recovery in 74.5% of the cases and improvement in the remaining 25.5%.

Login

Registration

If you are not already registered, please register here for free.

If you are registered but have forgotten your password (or you never had one), click here to recover your password.

Proceedings of

Authors

Archives

2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 |

(bi)gital»